Rihanna never ceases to amaze us—her music, her style, her makeup line and now as the first female artist to pass 2 billion streams worldwide on Apple Music. According to The Fader, Apple Music dropped a list of 20 most streamed women in music IWD via Instagram on Thursday and Rih Rih reigned supreme, landing the number one spot over stars such as Taylor Swift, Beyoncé and Adele.
She’s a real boss
Rihanna has been a boss since she burst onto the scene in 2005 at the tender age of 17. In honor of her 30th birthday, we’re taking a look back at her fierce style game, amazing album releases, hot hair moments, and all the reasons why we love this beautiful bad girl who never stops inspiring us to be a BOSS.
Rihanna hit the music scene in 2005 after being signed to Jay-Z‘s label, Roc-A-Fella Records. Her debut single, “Pon De Replay” put her on the map and radio couldn’t stop spinning the addictive tune.
Reasons Why Rihanna Runs This Town
- She took over the game when she dropped “Umbrella” in 2007 and debuted a drastically different ‘do in a darker hue.
- She didn’t let her breakup with Chris Brown keep her down. She was back on the scene serving up style and sex appeal shortly after the controversy erupted.
- She’s never been one to kiss and tell, but her sizzling relationship with Drake was hard to hide from fans.
- She proved she doesn’t need long hair to be sexy when she debuted a bold pixie cut in 2012.
- She invests her time helping out several charities and non-profit organizations, including amfAR. Even when she’s good, she’s bad!
- When Rihanna’s on a song, you can expect an instant upgrade. Whether she’s joining Eminem, Jay-Z, Ne-Yo, or Kanye West, this girl takes tracks from good to great effortlessly.
- In 2015, RiRi dropped her eighth album, Anti, and debuted some risky artwork for the project, continuing to push fans out of their comfort zones.
- Rihanna has released several fragrances including RiRi by Rihanna. Who knew this would be a stepping stone to her future beauty world takeover?
- She dropped her Fenty PUMA collection in 2016; proving her side hustles are just as fab as her music career.
- Rihanna’s fearless fashion sense has made her one to watch.
- Her talents aren’t confined to the recording studio. She has starred in several films over the years.
- In 2017, Rihanna added “makeup mogul” to her resume by launching Fenty Beauty. As a result of incredible initial sales and fantastic customer reviews, Time named the line one of the best inventions of the year.
- She’s always remained close to her family and Barbadian homeland. Her Annual Diamond Ball Benefitting The Clara Lionel Foundation was named for her grandmother.
- She has a knack for helping rappers reach their full potential, and her work with Kendrick Lamar is no different. The rapper admitted she outdid him on his own track when the pair picked up a Grammy this year for their hit collab, “Loyalty.”
- She doesn’t seem too bothered about turning 30, and why should she be? This gorgeous woman is only getting better with age and we can’t wait to see what’s next.
We can’t wait to see what RiRi brings our way next!